Are you looking to find the difference between Creatine vs whey protein then you are on the right post because here I am going to share all the information you need to understand the difference between creatine monohydrate vs Whey protein supplements.
This question has been asked many times in many forums and social network sites like Reddit, yahoo answers and quora, etc. So we thought that we could give a better answer for those who are looking for whey protein vs creatine monohydrate supplement.
Below are the general question which many men and women usually ask
- Creatine Vs. Whey Protein Isolate
- Whey Protein Vs Creatine For Weight Loss
- Creatine Vs. Whey Protein For Bodybuilding
- Creatine Vs. Whey Protein Vs Casein Protein
and many more and this list can go on and on but we gave you some general queries which are most popular and has been asked many times on popular sites.
But you don’t have to worry at all we are here to give you the best answer and will tell you what are the major differences between these and why they are used for bodybuilding and weight loss.
We firmly believe that these 2 supplements are the most popular in the dietary supplements and the nutrition industry no matter you are doing bodybuilding, weight loss, fitness athlete or belong to any sports.
These 2 supplements are the best in the business right now but many people really don’t know the difference between them and what exactly they do to our body and what benefits they possess.
For this reason, we are writing this article about creatine vs whey protein and we really hope that you will love this article. So without wasting much time let’s see this one-on-one comparison between the two most popular supplements in the sports and fitness industry.
Creatine Vs. Whey Protein For Bodybuilding & Weight Loss
Here we are going to take each of this supplement one by one and understand exactly what it is and what are the benefits and how it works. So let’s start with Creatine first
- Creatine is one of the most popular and highly researched products in the dietary supplements industry because it is a very effective and very powerful supplement.
- Basically, creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid found in the liver, kidneys, and pancreas of a human body. It is also available in red meat, chicken, and fish.
- Creatine Monohydrate is the most popular form of creatine which is available in the market right now which you can purchase and in fact it is the purest form of creatine available which is easy to digest.
- One of the most popular misconceptions among many men and women is that creatine is a protein. No, creatine is not a protein it is a nitrogenous organic acid that is naturally produced by the human body.
- Creatine is basically converted to ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) during weight training sessions and our body basically uses this ATP in the form of energy during short training sessions.
- If you are using creatine monohydrate or any other form then you must consume at least 1 to 2 liters of water since it dehydrates your muscle cells by retaining water in your muscles.
- Creatine is an extremely safe supplement to use and there are no studies that have proved the creatine has severe side effects. Even though there are no side effects of creatine if taken by a healthy individual however if you have any chronic heart, liver, or kidney problem then please consult your doctor before going on the creatine supplementation.
Creatine For Bodybuilding
- As I have told you that creatine gets converted to ATP which acts as an instant source of energy during weight training in the gym and this helps bodybuilders to do more intense workouts and take their workout routines to next level of success.
- Since it gives your body instant energy then you can do a few additional reps which enable you to put more pressure on your targeted muscles which ultimately results in exponential growth.
- Not only you are going to build the muscles but also you will see a tremendous increase in your strengths and you can easily finish your high-intensity training without getting exhausted.
- Creatine is stored in bones muscular tissues and if you are taking creatine then you can see an increase in the size of your muscle giving it fuller look.
- This basically happens due to creatine’s ability to retain water in your muscle cells and thus hydrated your muscular tissues.
- This is a really important topic because no matter which supplement you are taking if you don’t follow the proper prescription dosages then you might and most probably will face the side effects.
- Previously I have written an exclusive article mentioning all the possible side effects of creatine you might see if you don’t follow the proper dosage. We would highly recommend you to read the below-mentioned article
- There are 2 ways in which you can take creatine monohydrate supplement one is a loading phase and the other one is the maintenance phase which means you don’t do the loading phase and directly start your cycle with the maintenance phase.
- For beginners, we would highly recommend starting with the maintenance phase since taking 20 grams of creatine monohydrate from the very first day might not suit you.
- There is no problem with starting with the maintenance phase as there are no studies that show that the loading phase is necessary.
- What loading phase is that you take 20 grams of creatine powder spread between 4 doses of 5 grams throughout the day and by doing this your muscles get saturated fast with creatine and you can see the results faster.
- But if you start with the maintenance phase also your muscles are ultimately going to get saturated so there is not a very big difference. So if you are beginners then start directly with the maintenance phase and you will get the same benefits as you will get if you do the loading phase.
- Yes, we agree that the results will not be that fast as you will get with the loading phase but are you really that desperate? No, right so start with the maintenance phase and you will be good to go.
Creatine for Weight loss
- Creatine is a really good addition to your weight loss regimen and it will definitely help you to lose more weight. Many men and women who want to lose weight are using creatine monohydrate supplements and are seeing great results.
- What happens is that it helps your body to gain lean muscle mass and increase your metabolism rate which ultimately yields weight loss.
- With the help of creatine, you can train more intensely in the gym and thus you will be able to burn more calories, and the more calories you burn the more fat you are going to lose got it.
Now that you know what exactly is creatine and how it can help you in bodybuilding and weight loss now we move to our next section which is whey protein. Hope you are enjoyed till now 🙂
- Whey protein is the 2nd most popular supplement in the diet and nutrition industry and it’s one of the most popular protein supplement available in the marketplace which is readily available for everyone to buy.
- Whey protein is actually a by-product that is formed during the cheese-making process and it’s the liquid that is left out during the separation of cheese from curd.
- It is then filtered, further processed, and dehydrated to form whey protein powder which we can use in the form of shakes, bars, and power form.
- The biological value of whey protein is very high as compared to other protein supplements like casein protein, soy protein, milk protein, etc. It is because it’s very easy to digest and absorbed comfortably by the body.
- There are 3 types of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whey protein hydrolysate among these whey protein concentrates is cheaper and most popular as compared to the other two forms.
- For those who are lactose intolerant, they can use whey protein isolate because they contain zero to the minimal amount of lactose which definitely suits them.
- Whey protein hydrolysate is more costly than concentrate and isolate since it goes through a more rigorous filtration process and contains no lactose, carbs, and fat which makes it the ultimate supplement for bodybuilding.
Whey Protein For Bodybuilding
- Whey protein is the most popular protein supplement in bodybuilding so if you are a bodybuilder then you must definitely have a whey protein supplement in yourselves since it has the highest quality of protein with all the 9 essential amino acids.
- Whey protein has BCAA’s ( Branched chained amino acids ) which helps in protein synthesis and promotes muscle-building effect. There are 3 main amino acids which are Leucine, Isoleucine, and valine among these Leucine is most effective in terms of muscle building and protein synthesis.
- Whey protein isolate would be the best choice if you are into professional bodybuilding or want to become a bodybuilder because it helps you to build more lean muscle mass and at the same time keeping the carbs and fat intake to the minimal.
- It is also very best if you are lactose intolerant since it doesn’t have lactose and a very small amount of fat which will definitely help you to stay away from lactose allergy problems.
- Whey protein isolate contains 90 to 95 % protein and the rest is a little combination of carbs and fat which is also important for having a balanced diet.
Whey Protein Dosage
- You can take 0.5 to 1 grams of whey protein per kg of your body weight but some bodybuilders go up to 2 grams per kg of their body weight since they need more protein to build some serious muscle mass.
- But if you are a regular guy who just wants to get a fit body and generic amount of muscles then you can start taking 1 gram of whey protein powder per kg of your body weight.
- You can take it as meal replacement shakes, bars, and between your meals and it will work wonderfully.
- You can take whey protein concentrate if you don’t have any lactose intolerant problem but if you have then you can choose whey protein isolate and for serious bodybuilders, whey protein hydrolysate would be the best option.
- You can take whey protein as your post-workout shake because at this time your body needs protein and energy to replenish the amount of energy you have lost in the gym and repair your torn muscle tissues.
- You can either take them with grape juice or milk but for the lactose intolerant, you can simply take it with water there is no problem with that and it’s better for these to buy whey protein isolate powder.
Whey Protein For Weight Loss
- Whey protein can significantly help you in the weight loss process since it helps you to build more muscle mass and boost your body’s metabolism.
- The higher the body’s metabolism is the more calories and fat your body will be burn during cardio exercises and weight training.
- Those who are into weight loss can take whey protein with grape juice, dextrose and must avoid milk to get better results.
- The more protein you will have in your system the more anabolic environment it will create which will result in higher protein synthesis.
- More protein synthesis will give you more lean muscle mass as whey protein is digested and absorbed very well by the body and if your body is more muscular then ultimately it will have low fat.
Creatine and Whey protein Together
- Yes, you can take both creatine monohydrate and whey protein supplement together and there is no problem in that, in fact, it will help you to get much better results and at a faster rate if you take only one of them.
- Many professional fitness trainers recommend taking creatine and whey protein powder together no matter you are into bodybuilding, weight loss, or any other sport you are going to reap more benefits.
- You can take creatine monohydrate shake as your pre-workout supplement and whey protein powder as your post-workout shake and this is the ultimate combination you can ever get,
- If you take creatine as your pre-workout shake then you will be able to do your workout routines with more intensity and thus help you to do more reps and sets even if you are doing the cardio exercise you will definitely see that your intensity level increased dramatically.
- If you take whey protein as your post-workout shake then you are giving your body the highest quality of protein which your body desperately needs after a serious workout routine and thus creates a more anabolic environment which ultimately results in more muscle gain and faster recovery.
So friends these were the comparison between creatine and whey protein, We really hope that you liked this post and if you did then please give this post 1 like and also share with your friends on Facebook and Whatsapp.
Apart from these please share your thoughts in the comment section below. Thank you.